PAVLOVA WREATH WITH BERRY COMPOTE
4 free-range egg whites, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
250g caster sugar
1 tsp of cornflour, sifted
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 bottle Good Grocer berry compote
300mls cream, whipped or Mascarpone
Fresh seasonal fruits, such as berries and cherries
Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and draw a 23cm on the paper. Draw a 16cm circle inside the first circle.
2. Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, a little at time until meringue is very stiff and shiny. Sprinkle over cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and fold in lightly.
3. Spoon dollops of meringue between the 2 circles on the baking paper, to make a wreath shape. Using a large spoon, make a trench in the meringue for the cream and fruit to sit in.
4. Bake for 1½ hours until crisp and dry. When time is complete, turn the oven off and leave meringue in the oven until completely cool.
5. When cool, pile cream or mascarpone into the trench, drizzle on compote then decorate with berries, cherries and mint.