ROAST BUTTERFLIED LAMB WITH FRESH MINT SAUCE
1kg approx. Good Grocer butterflied leg of lamb, at room temperature
6 anchovy fillets, sliced in half
Sprigs of fresh rosemary
3 cloves peeled NZ garlic, thickly sliced
NZ sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large red onions, sliced
1½ tbsp plain flour
2 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp Worchester sauce
1 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Use the tip of a sharp knife to make 10-12 incisions all over the meat. Press a piece of anchovy, a little rosemary and a slice of garlic into each incision. Season meat on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Scatter onions in a large roasting pan then place the lamb on top; drizzle with oil. Roast for 30-35 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
3. Remove the lamb and allow to rest in a warm place covered with foil for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make the gravy. Stir the flour into the onions and pan juices. Add stock and stir until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, then simmer until thickened. Add Worchester sauce and season well, to taste.
4. Make mint sauce by placing mint, vinegar and honey in a blender and process to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Carve the lamb and serve with sauce and gravy on the side. Serve with your favourite seasonal vegetables or salad.