BACON, EGG & KALE BRUNCH PIZZAS
¾ cup warm water
4 tsp fresh yeast or 2 tsp active dry yeast granules
2 cups Dinkel (spelt) flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
300g Good Grocer streaky bacon
6 free-range eggs
1 cup chopped fresh kale leaves (stems removed)
1. Mix water, ½ tsp sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside to activate for 5 minutes until foamy. Place flour and salt into the bowl of a food processor.
2. Add the foamy yeast mixture and the oil. Process to combine, then for 1 minute more, to knead dough. Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise for approx. 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3. Briefly knead dough, then divide into 4 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a thin circle. Transfer circles to lightly oiled baking trays; rest for 10 minutes in a warm place. Heat oven to 220°C.
4. Arrange bacon in rings on bases; bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, break eggs into the centre of the pizzas (the bacon should form an edge that will hold the eggs in place). Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Scatter with kale and bake for 2-3 minutes more, or until the eggs are cooked and the crust is golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.