- 1 white onion
- 25gms stale bread
- 100gms chestnuts, peeled
- 500gms pork mince
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 1/2 orange, zest only
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and vegetables to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the pork mince to pan, then turn heat to high and cook for 10 minutes. Add the passata and oregano, stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt. Put the spaghetti in the pot and cook until the pasta is al dente. Approx 8 minutes.
4. Strain the pasta and toss with remaining olive oil. Serve the bolognese on top of the pasta. Sprinkle parmesan on top.